RE:delicate subject

If someone was "brave" enough to bring up this subject, I'll be "brave"
enough to submit thoughts. First, if you do have a "big" ride, such as Tevis
or such planned, and it seems you will be "cycling" during the ride, you do
have the option of shifting your cycle. First, talk to your doctor. If you
are on birth control pills, you can adjust them, so you cycle early, or
after the event. Of course I would always talk to your doctor about doing
this.

Now, if I find myself in the situation of starting my period the day before
a ride, or the morning of a ride, you can either ride, or pull yourself, and
maybe volunteer for the day. (rides ALWAYS need volunteers!) I get mega
cramps. The kind that have kept me in bed for a day in the past. Tampons
just make me cramp more, so are usually NOT an option for me. But if I
decided to go ahead and ride, I would have to use them, instead of pads, and
take a handful of drugs for the cramps, and go ahead and ride. I would also
tell my crew I was going to be extra nasty and grumpy, and I apologize for
my behavior in advance. Oh, I also would wear black riding breeches or
tights...just incase of "accidents". I also found baby powder on certain
parts of the body help prevent rubs and rashes from certain articles worn.
(got it?)

Hey, we are endurance riders, and are tough, right? We can deal with just
about anything,right? Oh, sure, give me chocolate, and get the heck out of
my way...I'm coming through! Gurrrrrrrrrr...

Jonni in California