Long Climbs or Long Decents? Leatherwood MTN Challenge

Abbie Sanders equine@abts.net
Hello out there,  I am taking a poll and would appreciate some feed back.  I manage the Leatherwood Mountain Challenge ride that is April 1st, 2000.  We are changing some parts of the ride this year and I have a question for all you old pros.  If you had to chose between climbing up a long steady mountain or going down the same mountain, which would you prefer?  This section of the trail is aprox. 3-4 miles long.  There are several times on the trail where it levels out.  There are also certain places where it is quiet steep for a long time.  There is a decent supply of H20 and we could put more out if needed.  Leatherwood hosted it's first ride last year and we got compared to Old Dominion, and Tevis as far as difficulty/challenging.  THIS PLACE IS NO JOKE IN OTHER WORDS!  Let me know what you think! Thanks..........Abbie

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-