Re: Warner Springs?

<< Anyone have ride results yet?

<<tracy

Just got back a few hours ago. Was a GREAT ride, probably the most luxurious
one I've ever been to. Beautiful location at the Warner Springs Resort, where
a lot of us had rented rooms and corrals. This was a true "Terry
Woolley-Ride" with countless volunteers, an abundance of food and drinks for
riders and horses, a great award banquet, and cocktails at the hot mineral
pool afterwards. The trail took us over some rolling cattle pastures and
through oak groves and followed the Pacific Crest Trail for a while. There
were about 65 riders that started in the 50 miler and I think all but 7
finished. This is what I remember from the top ten:

1st place: Pete Davies
2nd & BC: Cherry Stockton
3rd place: Gary Glazer
4th place: Linda Morelli
either 5th or 6th: Boyd Zontelli (sorry, don't remember the other one)
7th: ?
8th place: Kirsten Seyferth :-))
9th: ?
10th place: Sheryl Searer

Three years ago Slim and I had come here for our very first 25 mile ride
which turned into a little catastrophy when he bucked me off after 8 miles.
This time things were going a lot smoother, and since Tim, who we had dinner
with on Friday, pulled his horse at the first VC, I even ended up with a
crew! That means I got to sit down for lunch and eat a whole sandwich :-) My
only problem was that I had a little too much champagne and beer the night
before (usually I stay away from those things 'till after the ride) and I
really felt like taking a nap at the 2nd vet check... But having a crew also
meant that now I had someone pushing me to get back on my horse and leave the
VC on time! Rode for a while with Boyd Zontelli who was talking about a 200km
ride in the late 70ies (I think he won it), which he said was the hardest
ride he ever did - can't recall the name, but was wondering if anyone on the
list remembers this?

Kirsten (who just completed her first 1000 miles :-))))