Up Hill or Down

I'm with Tom in that downhills can't help but add stress to front legs.
OTOH, my horse (tough lil' pacing SB, a type Tom is familiar with) shares a
characteristic compensation with other good downhill-at-speed horses.  His
stride behind widens,so that the back feet are tracking well outside the
front tracks, little or no chance of interference or stabbing due to the
(admitted) delay in front end breakover.

David, when you do these calculations for the stresses on a downhill horse,
don't forget that not all of them are trotting <G>.  We need pacing  and
running walking numbers too.......

Marge

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-