Re: RC: SCID test

In a message dated 5/13/00 4:31:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TddWil@aol.com
writes:

<< Has anyone had their breeding stock tested yet? How do you get this done
and
 what is the cost?  >>

We are just beginning to get through ours (just had our first two tests on a
couple of our geriatric stallions come back CLEAR--hallelujah!).  For awhile,
there were two labs doing the tests, but due to some sort of patent
situation, one has had to stop.  The one doing it still is VetGen, and you
can get tests at a reduced rate through an organization called F.O.A.L.  They
have a web site at www.foal.org which includes an order form that you can
download and mail or fax to get test kits.

Heidi