Re: RC: 2 cents worth

In a message dated 5/12/00 7:42:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BMcCrary27@aol.com writes:

<< I'm not critiquing Howard's article, either pro or con, but if all of us
 think HIS article was tasteless or risque, what do we all say about
 Cosmopolitan, >>

I don't automatically get Cosmopolitan by joining a family sporting
organization, either.  Just because some folks choose to read such stuff or
leave it lying around for their kids doesn't mean that the rest of us have
to.  And the kids in this organization are members in their own right--a few
as individuals and a great many more as parts of families--I don't have kids,
but I'd hate to think that if I did, I'd have to read EN first to make sure
it meets my standards of what they should or shouldn't read.  And kids aside,
*I* don't read that sort of claptrap by choice, and am personally offended to
have it sent into my home as part of my AERC dues...  At least I can walk
past Cosmopolitan and not buy--that's what free market is all about.  As
someone else pointed out, my only free market choice in this case would be
not to join AERC.  Sad.

Heidi