Re: RC: Fw: Los Alamos Fire

At 08:28 AM 5/11/00 -0400, Sandy  wrote:

> >Dear everyone,
> >     We have a very bad forest fire burning in Los Alamos, NM, 60 miles
> >north of where I am.  They have evacuated 11,000 people out.

As of mid morning Thursday over 22,000 people have been evacuated.  And
here's the irony of it all (quoted from CNN).  May and June are our driest
& some of our windiest months in this state.  I can't imagine thinking it
was safe to set a fire on purpose in NM during our late spring.

>The fire soon burned out of control after the National Park Service set it
>last Thursday to clear brush at the nearby Bandelier National Monument,
>which is just south of the town.

The sad part follows:

>Members of Albuquerque Animal Services went to Los Alamos to rescue large
>animals that residents were forced to leave behind. They managed to rescue
>some horses at a stable, before being ordered to leave by sheriffs because
>of worsening conditions.

Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609