Re: RC: RE: Death Visits Ridecamp in the May EN!!!!!!!

In a message dated 5/9/00 1:46:50 PM EST, KDykes@cpes.com writes:

<< For instance, we don't know that Howard crashed a horse - we know
 he lost one "to similar circumstances" seven years earlier - it's an
 assumption on our part that he over-rode one, probably because he has said
 some things on RC that many people don't like and we're tempted to assume
 the worst. >>

That paragraph is very misleading and I should have explained that better
than I did.   I've only been doing endurance for 17 months.  When I said
similar circumstances, with the other horse, I meant colic.  Twisted gut
actually, and he did die.  But it had nothing to do with endurance riding.

Flame me if it makes you feel better; I really don't care.  The story's out
there for the non-computer readers/riders; if you don't think this is a good
thing, your'e entitled to your own opinion.  After reading about Roger's
experience at Biltmore, some of you may want to reconsider thinking that it
will never happen to you or your horse.  I wish I had never gone through it
and it has made me much more cautious than I used to be.

I guess if I write a story, and put my name to it, it leaves me wide open to
criticism, arrogance and just plain cruelty of others.  Some of you seem to
be the ones that have all the answers and never have a problem.  Too bad you
don't share.

I've owned horses since I was 20.  I'll turn 47 this June.  I've lost one
horse during this time.  If I thought I did them more harm than good I
wouldn't own one.  It never ceases to amaze me how mean spirited some of you
can be on RC.

cya,
Howard