From: Cheryl Newbanks [mailto:horsetrails@cybertrails.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2000 4:16 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: RC: Death Visits Ridecamp in the May EN!!!!!!!

Ok I can not hold my tongue back any longer!  Is anyone else having trouble
with this article too?  First off the whole tone of this article is so very
self centered.  I thought so before when we read it here on our ER list and
I still think so now!  Second off Howard admits in the 3rd paragraph that
this is not the first time that he's crashed a horse, and that they actually
lost the first one seven years earlier!  So hey gang lets reward him for
that by publishing this article for him!!!  NEXT his references to Angie are
belittling and arrogant, even if you didn't know what a P.I.T.A.  he's been
to her, it would still be rude for them to let him print that garbage, they
should of heavily edited those portions or removed them all together!!!
Witch, Bitch what ever he said it was a bad call to print this article with
these jibs at Angie in them!  And the worse part is it looks like we'll have
to be tortured with his bull-hockey for the next few issues too.

 I know the point of the article was to wake other people up to the
potential dangers of a metabolic crash, but the tone of the article was a
"Howard pity pot ego trip and look how wonderful a person I am even in a
catastrophic dilemma" tone instead!!!!  I don't understand why AERC would
print such an article with the slandering tone towards Angie in the first
place, but second off I don't see why they would give Howard the lime light
so to speak either.  Yeah, lets reward Howard by making him an author in a
AERC article!

Having read the whole article months ago I'd be interested to see how many
ACTUAL ENDURANCE RIDERS have an idea at which point he should of pulled the
horse!  Its pretty obvious to me, that would be when the horse's heart rate
was hanging the first time!  Too bad Howard didn't get a chance to read
Jamie Kerr's vet forum article in the May issue before he competed in that
ride.  Hmmmm, do you think he would of paid attention to Dr Kerr's
suggestions at all?  I doubt it!

                                     Cheryl Newbanks
                                     Email List Owner for Enduranceriders
~~~          ~~  ^ ^        SW Region
~~~\      _~~/  /\ /        Litchfield Park, AZ
       (   ) _ _   ) ' '        horsetrails@cybertrails.com