re: shoes

>i hutchings ihutch@jps.net
>Can anyone out there recommend a shoe.  My last ones fell apart and they
do not make them any more.  I have tried sneakers, and all terrain shoes
but after i get of my horse and start to walk/run any distance my feet fall
asleep and then deep pain sets in.  i have tried inserts but they are not
helping.  Any one have the same problems.

I'm a totally devoted Ariat fan.  I've had ankle problems and plantar
fasciitis issues (leftovers from a former injury) for quite some time and
the Ariats seem to be the only shoe or boot that I can wear for a long time
and still be very comfortable.  I buy them a half size larger than I need
and then stick in an additional gel pad sole insert (I use the Dr. Scholl
brand) under the Ariat footbed.  The extra insert really cushions the shock
to my feet...enough so that they are now the footwear of choice at work (12
hour shifts on my feet the whole time.)  I've tried several other kinds,
but find that the Ariats are the only ones that consistently work and keep
my feet comfortable -- and I can walk long distances in them also.  Still
can't jog well (due to the injury to my left leg) but the short stretches
that I *can* do are comfortable in the Ariats.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.