Re: ragging on show horses (was backyard stallions)

I am new to Arabs, and plan to ENJOY my new gal this year in NATRC, halter
classes, english pleasure classes, maybe LD, and I hope she is the kind of
athlete that can do the Tevis years down the road from now.  Is it really
necessary to insult a broad range of horses (halter class horses) based on
personal distaste for their discipline??!  None of us like it when people
insult and misclassify *all* endurance horses as looking shaggy, being
overridden, and being too danged hyper.

I would love it if my horse could go from local to regional to national
class shows in halter.  I would HOPE it wouldn't mean I have been rewarded
for having a horse with "long backs, long cannons, skinny necks" and "that
flails around the ring like a crippled windmill".  Give me a break!!!

m (aka Michelle Rowe), CO