Re: RC: Re: Flax Seed

Ya, very quickly huh Terry:)VBG.

Sandy

In a message dated 05/05/2000 1:00:12 PM EST, canajello@echoweb.net writes:

<< I feed approximately 2 ounces of ground flax seed to my horses once a
 day. Not only to give them shine, but to improve their skin. Once horse
 has very dry skin and the oil in flax seed helps him. The other reason,
 more important, that I feed flax seed to my endurance horse is to
 increase his lysine levels and give him a sane amount of organic fats.
 Lysine combats stress and the fats help with energy. A side effect is
 that flax seed and its oils help with digestive things too. An old
 cowboy recipe, tested twice with great results, is to feed a hot bran
 and boiled flax mix to a horse with mild colic or one who may be in a
 situation to develop that (like trailering a long distance, etc.) The
 gloppy mix is generally devoured and seems to soothe a horse and pass
 along quickly.
 Terry >>