puffy legs

For those of you who read yesterdays post from me, you know that Alpine and I
had a bit more ride time than what we planned yesterday.  After a three hour
ride, we had to ride back an hour and a half to find our truck keys.

Just got back from barn this am, and Alpine's right front leg is slightly
puffy.  No heat, seems sound, happy, etc.  He bounced around the pasture a
bit when I turned him out, so it doesn't bother him.  The other three legs
are very clean and tight.    Of course, I could be imagining things because I
am very paranoid about legs, but i feel that I'd rather be paranoid than
indifferent.

Anyway, i am giving Alpine the day off today, with just turnout as exercise.
However, my question is, how about tomorrow.  I had planned some light
ringwork and a two mile walk around the block.  This is the first time I've
ever seen his legs puff at all.  Is riding him tomorrow doing too much?  Any
opinions would be appreciated!

On the bright side, I rode him yesterday in a borrowed wintec western saddle
and his back is not the least bit sore.   Darn I hate that my dressage saddle
hurts his back.

Thanks for any help!
Juli and Alpine