Re: RC: LDs and 50's

When we ran the FL classic in '96 we had a 50 mile loop. we ran the 25's
into the second vet check. It required two additional vets for 1/2 day
but it worked super well.

The two Goethe's which was run out of a different base camp than the
present ride. The current base camp was the first vet check. We started
all the riders together in a controlled start for the first 1/2 mile
since we had to cross C337 to get into the forest. The 50's cut off and
took a 17 mile trail into the first check and the 25's had a 12 mile
trail into the check. That also worked pretty well in keeping them
spread out. The nice thing about the controlled start was the fast
riders in both events could work their way to the front and the riders
that wanted to go slow could work their way to the back during the first
3/4 of a mile.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt