Re: Equithane Sole Pak

> Would anyone who has used this product personally please contact me?
....> shoe nailed on before I remembered to mention it! Anyway, it certainly
is
> messy to handle, took one tip per foot. The ?? I have is the cost
> effectiveness. He did her front feet only, covered the soles but did not
> fill the shoe to ground level. The Sole Pak material is aproximately at
the
> level that a regular pad is. This took 2/3's of the tubes (2 tubes that
are
> mixed together) and my mare has small, size 00 feet. At this rate, on a
> larger horse he would get only two feet done with a set of tubes! Are we
> using too much?  Is this as far as it goes?

   I have used it extensively, at Tevis, multi days etc.  Your experience
above is correct. About 3 feet per tube is normal. If I want better
protection then 2 feet per tube. So the cost with the tips and product is
about $9.50 to $14.00 per foot.  (25.00 per tube, 0.95 per tip. plus tax)
Pretty expensive but you can do it just before a ride then pull it out.  It
won't last 6 weeks very often, so if you want 6 week protection then pads
are better. Of course easyboots are cheaper too, depends on what you like.
Lately I have been trying Hoof It, a competing product that Jennifer Nice
started using and they were at the convention.  I bought a bunch at the
convention and have tried it on 2 rides. I like the Hoof Pack better but the
Hoof It is easier to apply, seems to stay in better, and costs about 6.00
per foot for the same thickness as the $9.50 Hoof Pack amount.  The down
side is, it is more hazardous, so not healthy for my skin, it generates more
heat when curing, so it could burn the sole a little bit???  It is a little
harder when cured, so could it bruise the foot itself??  But it is harder so
it seems to lock under the shoe better and stay in better.
     Good luck

Jim Mitchell