Re: RC: 1/2 life of enzyme CK?

guest@endurance.net writes:

<< Can you use 1/2 lifes to actually figure
 out how high it was initially, or only in theory? I hope you can't
 because my figures show that since CK has a 1/2 life of 6 hours,
 the # would be astronomical!! Is there any way to figure out what
 it was initially, or does it vary from horse to horse on the
 speed in which it drops?  >>

The halflife is fairly short, but there is usually ongoing inflamation and
muscle damage, so a slow drop tells you that there is still an active process
going on with more being produced.  Usually there is SOME production still
going on initially, but if the drop is too slow, start looking for continuing
damage.

Heidi