RE: Fw: feeding linseed meal

I've been waiting for an answer from someone who knows more than I do about
flax seed but had yet to read a reply yet.  I just started a month ago to
feed flax seed, ground in my coffee grinder, copying on one of my fellow
boarders who's a "DQ" who says it puts "a lot of shine" on the horse.  I
asked a vet how much to feed and she said "a couple of tablespoons - no more
than a 1/4 cup.  So, my general impression is that it is more like a
vitaman/mineral supplement rather than caloric intake.   Hopefully someone
else will pipe in and enlighten us!

Kathy