Re: RC: RE: eating at stops

What you do will be mostly based on experience. In general you want to
get them P&Red as fast as possible to stop the clock. My approach is to
get off a ways out and walk or jog in. When I get to my area if he is
down he goes in. If not, I pull tack, put on the belt and start to
sponge. All the while his head is down eating. I let him eat but I know
the magic number (which is above parameters) where if I walk him over he
will be down when I get there.

So play with it a bit and find your won magic numbers. But for the most
part if my horse wants to eat, then by golly he will eat. Heck he even
tries to garb grass on the trot out.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt