Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Re: Plenty of blame to go around American River Ride

At 02:42 PM 5/3/00 -0400, Pat wrote:
Fortunately, with some fine leadership on the part of both the parks and the equestrians, we all sat down in one room and hashed things out.

Nice thoughts.  But some of the people who go home from that ride don't live in CA.  None of us should tolerate any type of poor treatment from people in power.  I certainly am not saying that others may not share the blame, but that doesn't excuse the CA Parks Dept from their actions.   People with weapons on their hips have a greater burden of responsiblity for proper behavior than anyone else.

I have personally experienced the CA Parks Dept. at it's worst - ironically along the American River and in front of kids - abuse of power over such a minor (vehicle equipment) issue that when I had it corrected and inspected by the CHP the officer shook his head in disbelief - and they're not exactly wishy washy liberals.  That ranger that day was abusing her power.  End of that story.

Of course not all CA Parks people are ogres - but it takes only a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609