RE: Re: [Enduranceriders] NEED HELP

This could be a very good subject Randy! It is comparable to that currently
in place in New York on a national basis. How can a person contend to be a
representative of a population when they have never lived in the area they
portend to represent. In the AERC arena, how can a person portend to
represent a population of a region when they do not reside there-in for the
major portion of the year.

It is contended, for each of the above instances, that the person in
question is knowledgeable because of their ability to quickly understand,
their sympathetic association with the population and their interest in the
current topics off interest.

To this I say HOGWASH!!! If the representative is not readily available to
their constitutions, they no longer are doing any viable representation.
They are not "walking in the footsteps" of those they represent! They, no
doubt, have a very different agenda, set of interests and are no longer
"REPRESENTATIVE"  of the policies for which they were elected.

This is bad enough when it concerns a Director-at-Large but consider the
same in the case of a Regional Director.

The problem has been stated but what of the solution? Should not the
membership be polled on their feelings? Perhaps the membership is pleased
that the Directors in question are getting a broader outlook on endurance
riding through their worldly travels. Perhaps they are glad that the persons
in question are gone so they do not have to endure their presence. I suggest
that the members be polled through a set of questions posted in the
Endurance News and on-line. Tally the poll just prior to the mid-year Board
meeting and take up the subject then.

Bob Morris