Who Really Cares?

Really folks, isn't this a bit of a tempest in a teapot!!
The majority of us ride endurance for our own personal satisfaction and
goals. I really don't care if john doe gets pulled from a ride on the other
side of the country, or why. I only pay much attention to my direct
competition, and that's only if I'm riding a lot that year. I don't need the
database to do that. If studying the data helps improve the sport, let it
be.
Do you really think anyone really gives a flip what you do??? Most people I
know (incuding myself) are busy enough with their own lives. Your employer
has a lot easier ways to find out what you've been up to than searching the
internet for some obscure database! (Hmm.. you walk funny on Mondays,
sunburned, scrapes and scratchs...MUST be visiting that sick aunt again!)
If you have horses for sale & are worried about hiding their records, shame
on you. No horse is perfect and I want prospective buyers to know ALL about
what they're getting. Less trouble for me in the long run.
True, it will be more important for ride managers to make sure their vets
understand the importance of correctly classifying pulled horses, but this
is a veterinary duty, not something the ride manager should need to decide.
Nancy Mitts