Re: RC: what IS rider option?

In a message dated 4/29/00 4:43:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us writes:

<< Heidi:  There is bad vetting everywhere.  I have yet to go to any region
 where it's been totally ideal 100% of the time.  There are excellent vets
 everywhere, but there are certainly not enough of them. >>

Yes, there is. That was not the topic at hand, but rather the fact that vets
do not get the message and the understanding that they need to vet ALL
horses, regardless of completion, and also frequently do not have timely
access to rule books, etc.  (And discussions like this hopefully raise
awareness of areas that have perhaps been neglected.)  Fortunately education
and standards have improved a great deal, so poor vetting is far less common
than it used to be.  You are right that there are not enough ride
vets--another subject altogether...  Back to application of OT, RO, etc.,
though--I have NOT seen particular problems with that concept in this
area--have had to answer questions about it a few times, but the suggestion
was that riders will go OT to cover problems, and quite frankly I have not
seen that happen.

Heidi

Heidi