Re: RC: Pull information

In a message dated 4/29/00 8:20:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tvanhove@uswest.net writes:

<< You didn't read my whole post :(  I said plainly
 that its dead wrong to distinguish B vs C, though C's
 do happen once in a while. But I do think it might be
 useful to distinguish an A pull (passed VC but rider
 pulls anyway for subtle prob, or prob that shows up
 during hold after the Vet examination) for vet education.
 I've had B pulls and I feel no shame for presenting the
 horse to the vet to get the "official call" on pulling.
 I haven't had a C pull, >>

Uh, actually, Teresa, I did.

I'd reiterate, though, that ALL pulls should be discussed with the vet--even
if it is strictly YOUR call.  To me, there is no real dividing line between
your "A" pulls and your "B" pulls--as most decisions not to go on are mutual,
and it is a gradation from the level where the rider just doesn't "feel"
right about something on up to the level where I would not let the horse go
on but the rider takes an active part in the decision.  There is no
"black-and-white" dividing line somewhere in the middle.  Again, what are we
trying to do here?  This is to be information gathering about the HORSE and
about what makes horses in general not complete rides.  Why would we even
WANT a differentiation about whether the rider made the choice or the vet
made the choice, since we are trying to AVOID this sort of information
leading to judgment of the rider?  That is the point I was trying to make in
response.

Heidi