Re: horse manners on trail

----- Original Message -----
From: <CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com>

> As for bloodlines and behavior, though--I CAN tell you that there are
> definite personality traits that run in specific lines.  This is NOT an
> excuse for tolerating bad behavior--it is simply a fact of life.

Heidi, I agree but have to laugh, because I think you will find just every
bloodline
out there blamed for bad disposition.Everyone has a different opinion on it.

I have culled two entire family lines from
> my own program for that very reason.

and.....maybe PEOPLE with different personalities do better with different
personality horses.

Personally, the most wonderful horses (patient, tolerant, laid-back, easy to
teach) I have; have several lines to Bask.  The breeder of one claims all
the :"Bask" babies are wonderful.......and as for athletically, don't forget
Bask was a proven racehorse before being imported to America.

I am also a huge fan of Witez II; have three horses with that bloodline.

Then again, I have had several horses, and other experiences that steer me
away from the Egyptian lines.

I believe a LOT of behavior is due to environment, however, you could take
10 young Arabs up to our State Forest and tie them to the trailer next to
the heliport.
Some will TOTALLY flip out, some will stand and watch with interest when the
helecopter lands.  Some people won't care if their horse flips out; some
want the one that stands quietly.

All in all, there are great athletes and personalitles in every
bloodline-and who knows that the mishmash of ancestors will produce.

Karen