Re: RC: Breeding and philosophy (and brag at the end!)

At 02:13 AM 4/24/00 -0400, Heidi wrote:
Well, I've got you all beat.  I never did breed for sales.  I breed for me, and always have.  Sure, one tries to be as business-like as possible to make ends meet.

In our case, we had to be totally business-like because in the eyes of the IRS we were a business.  However, being business-like does not preclude breeding with vision, and I feel that the horses that we've put out there in the world as *endurance prospects* shared some characteristics we felt were very important:  Temperament, great legs & conformation, and a basic ability to do the job.  We bred for that, but once the new owner gets a horse, there is more that has to go into the pot.  Like quality care, training & conditioning.  Given all that, I believe we had the right to call our horses endurance prospects.  I believe the happy owners can speak more to that.

Congrats Heidi on your great dressage show.  Lif

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for your life
Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
fax: (561) 594-4609