Re: Re: KILLER HORSES

Well said, we had our own Fadjur stud for several years (9?) still do but now he is  a guilding, wonderful personality, and free breeding for us, and of course, that still doesn't make horsing around free, but we sure have some wonderful horses from him and out own mares.

Joan
----- Original Message -----
From: Claudia Provin
To: Ridecamp
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2000 11:31 AM
Subject: RC: Re: KILLER HORSES

In response to horse prices---I figure it takes $500 a year (minimum)for me to raise a horse--that includes one year for the mare carrying the unborn foal---so five years to get a horse to four years old---is $2500---this not counting any kind of training (or castration).  (I have my own stallions and have not included stud fee or stallion care.)  Then people want a a four-year-old well-broke gelding for $1500--or less--and training alone could cost that---no profit there, is there???  Claudia