Re: RC: Re: Breed bashing/rider bashing ;->

I think QH's and Apps just tend to be more
 > stoic and tolerant of dumb people, not dumb themsleves.

I've been advising all the beginners who've been calling on my aged
Anglo-Arab (just because he is listed so cheaply of course) to go look at
QH's. The last thing my older, retired pro needs is some neophyte going
"bouncy-bouncy" on his back. What a beginner should be looking for is a
cool-blooded, deadbroke, seasoned, bomb-proof (okay, , you get the picture)
safe and probably expensive Quarter Horse type mount (w/not too much TB)
that will tolerate a certain amount of "bouncy" and off-centered, unbalanced
riding. Part of my agreement with my horses is that I will NOT sell them to
overweight (or out of shape) riders who are still using the reins to balance
themselves.

Bonnie in AZ (going out on this gorgeous Easter Sunday to condition and thus
add value to her two sale horses listed below.)

12-yr-old flashy Thoroughbred-type sabino Paint. Flaxen sorrel, 15.3 1100#,
4 whites, blaze. Has done LD and CTR. Great trot! Puppy-dog, easy keeper,
trail savvy. $2500
22-yr-old grey Anglo-Arab, 15hh 850#, great on trails/arena, ex-children's
eventer, sound as a dollar but no jumping please. Good for CTR for
intermediate child/adult. $500obo