Re: RC: RE: Breeding for Endurance

Hello Sandy,  I got my JR for $1,000 because he had Ferzons' head.  A cull as
far as his breeder was concerned.  Further in may sales contract I had to geld
him within 6 months of purchase because of that. I would have anyway because I
was not into breeding just riding.  I didn't say all horses in Endurance came
from culls etc. but I said "a fair portion".  With which some people agree.  I
too would support breeding programs for aimed at Endurance but also I don't want
not to be able to compete in our sport who cannot afford a $15,000 horse.  I
probably wouldn't have been here if I was faced with that.

SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/21/00 7:41:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, donp@dcr.net
> writes:
>
> << Isn't this is how we've gotten a fair share of our horses for this sport?
>   >>
> Not here - we paid well for our FAdjur, Raffon, Ansata and *Witex/Abu Farwa
> horses. Some have come some have gone but all o fthem have been very good
> horses and outside of one all were well priced - no $20,000 horses here, but
> no $1500 either.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR-  Come on dad this dressage stuff is boreing even for me
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard