Re: RC: Was Kaharty, now Bashing

Hi Joan
What is frightening about bashing on the internet is that it reminds me
of the 3 blind men each feeling a different part of the elephant and
coming away with a completely different view of what an elephant is.
None of them had the total picture (ie, one felt the trunk, one the tail
and the other the middle...).
I had the unfortunate experience of a misunderstanding with a client,
well, actually, it was a disagreement of our vets, and I bent over
backward to resolve the issue. I thought all was fine until I was
contacted by people who later came to know me and realized I was an
honest and fair person. They gave me the benefit of the doubt and asked
me about the story they had heard. I had NO idea there were any hard
feelings and had in fact referred people to this client for a reference.
Now what can you do about that? If you attempt to go public, you look
defensive and guilty.
I did the only thing I could: trust that people who come to know me
recognize my integrity and ask if they have doubts. The internet is a
doubly dangerous tool that can be wielded, however good the intention,
for great destruction--- of character, of business, of misinformation. A
wise mentor once told me to check everything out inside. If it doesn't
ring true to you, ALWAYS check it out. I would expect that if I ever
bash someone publicly, I would reap the "karma" double fold--- and Lord
knows, I have enough on my plate to work out already.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!