Lameness verdict.....

Hi everyone!!  If you all remember, I wrote you a few weeks ago about my mare's lameness (she had hurt herself last fall, and after I started working her again she pulled up lame).  Well, I took her to the CSU VTH (nice having them 20 minutes away!) today.  7 1/2 hours and $300 later, after numerous flexion/palpation test, nerve block to the heel (negative), nerve block to the pastern area (positive....took 4 tries to get that block done), x-rays (negative...they were clean), then finally ultrasound (positive) a "verdict" was made:  she has adhesions on her DDFT near the scar.  Now, I thought this sounded like good news compared to what could of been wrong (adhesions don't SOUND that bad......), but I clearly was mistaken.  8+ WEEKS of stall confinement, walked 5 minutes 2X's/day, every week adding 2 more minutes.  Then re-check, and go from there.  Oh Joy, Majah's going to love this!!!  Wait until tomarrow morning when the other horses get kicked out to pasture, and she has to stay in!!!  Oh, my other "dilemma" was the only stall I have was my mare and colt's, so they got kicked out!!
So, my options were I could just let her out on pasture, but the Doc said she would never go sound (she wouldn't get worse, but she wouldn't get better....rideable... again).  Or, I could try the confinement routine.  Now, there obviously isn't any guarantees that she will go sound, but a better chance.
Has anyone else had to deal with this type of injury before, and if you have, what was the outcome?
Betsy