Bitless bridle

Emil Kucera kucera@mbnet.mb.ca
Alison Dunn alCritters@hotmail.com wrote:
Has anyone tried out this bitless bridle?  It seems a bit pricey.

I got intrigued by the concept but was turned off by the price as well, so I made one myself (with little modifications). It worked fine, but the best part was that I found out my horse didn't really need a bit in his mouth. In a very short time I dispensed with the central ring and poll pressure, and now I am just clipping each rein into the ring on the side of the nosepiece (no cross-under), in effect turning the whole thing into a type of side-pull.
I am not sure if the poll-pressure part was even necessary to begin with, but at least it gave me an added measure of confidence when we started.

Regards              Emil