Dover Saddlery -- don't go there..... Also --SEATTLE?

Alison Lewis slatters@bigfoot.com
Hey all you endurance guys! Been a while since I've been here! I just wanted to be a good capitalist consumer and spread the word that my first experience ordering something from Dover Saddlery was a bad one and don't waste your time with them. They have snobby phone workers, shipping takes too long, and they make you "suck it up" on outbound AND return shipping costs if the item you order isn't to your satisfaction. So I'm going to stick with Jeffers equine from now on for supplies. By the way, the thing I ordered that looked great in the Dover catalog, but isn't, was called the INTERNATIONAL AIR-LITE helmet. Here's why it sucks: there is NO way to adjust where the snap assembly sits. It is designed so it sits right at your adam's apple. The nylon is cut and stitched onto itself in such a way that you can tighten the strap but not move the snap assembly over to one side. There. I've said my bit, and feel much better.

On a happier note, I'm moving to Seattle this summer and want to make some conditioning riding buddies there. Or just e-mail me if you've got good scoop on where the best trails are. Thanks! Good luck to everyone riding those long miles this summer!