hills and bratty ponies

I have found the most interesting way to inform my bratty twit that it is in
his best interest to behave and have a nice, quiet walk/corto ride.

Hills

The twit was being obnoxious yesterday.  I just wanted to do a slow 10 mile
ride around the extension here, but Alpine wouldn't have it.  He bounced, he
jigged (ever see a paso jig, it's humorous), he bugered, he evaded the bit,
he tried to eat the reins, etc, etc.  SOOOO, I changed my plans, changed my
direction, and rode six miles to where the hills are.  After half an hour of,
walk up the hill, walk down the hill, up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill,
he decided he could behave himself and walk calmly the six miles back home.

Remind me to do that more often!!!

On the bright side, I climbed off after hill work, waited five minutes and
his heart rate was down to 58.  I'm thrilled.  That's one of the fastest
recoveries he's had.  I think we are getting better!

As they get more fit, do they get more obnoxious???  I hope not, or we are
going to be spending some time in the arena too remembering that we do in
fact know how to walk!

Juli (I am sore today!)
Alpine (Not me...can we do it again mom!)