Re: RC: seeking good trail horse

I have two GREAT trail geldings I must find homes for, but I live in central
Arizona, not Washington. If anyone in AZ fits the description of all around
trail rider, one (or both) of these horses could be for you:

1)  12 yr. old registered sabino Paint (sorrel with flaxen mane/tail, four
whites and a blaze.) 15.3 and 1100 lbs. Thoroughbred-type body. Has done one
LD with very little conditioning and scored an overall A-. Has the legs of a
draft horse! Hardy, never been sick. Puppy dog personality, but needs a
strong-minded rider, as he can take advantage of the uninformed and
untrained. Not a child's mount for this reason, but a teen might do well
with him. He is GREAT on the trails by himself—a true companion with a
wonderful sense of humor. I've had him for almost 10 years and, sadly, need
to pare down from four to two horses. $2200 obo—good home a must!

2)  Ex-child's eventer, grey Anglo-Arab. 15' and 850 lbs. Aged but acts
about 12. I've had him about 3 years. He is sweet, well-trained and gets
along with every horse he's ever been stabled with. A great babysitter, he
helped raise a four-month-old weanling recently. About his only flaw,
someone must have whomped on him in cross ties, as he sometimes panics, but
the farrier's had no problem shoeing him ever. Price negotiable, good home a
must!

Both these guys do rocks and steep climbs well. Both could do CTRs. They
need regular riding, which I just can't give them right now.

Bonnie Jackson in Skull Valley
http://www.oasisranch.net
(both these horses can be seen at our website.
Look under "stables" and "your hosts")