First time Tevis

wendy lumbert wendyl@jps.net
There certainly isn't anything wrong with doing Tevis for your
first 100, many people have. It's a great ride, well managed and
lots of rider support. However....IN MY OPINION,  Tevis would
be a lot nicer ride for everyone if it had some qualifier, such as
having done a 100 (horse and rider).  Might be less metabolic
and lameness problems, shorter vet lines due to fewer horses
crashing etc.  If you have only done a few 50s then trying to pace a 100 will be a new experience for both you and your horse, and Tevis is not easy to pace even for an old hand.
There is a lot of printed material out there - call the WST office
and get them to send you some old Tevis forums. Ride the
trail. Go out and ride to Deadwood from Foresthill (and back when its at least 95 degrees and if you can do that well then you can probably finish.   Good luck.
By the way,  a stud is a place. A stallion is a horse.
   Now I've opened a big can of worms, lets see what crawls
out!  I have my fire retardent suit on.     wendy