heart attacks in horses

Hi group,

I do have a sad news about "heart attacks in horses". As I heard yesterday, one of
Germanys best endurance horses of the past (1980 - 1990) died while being on his
pasture. The 28-year-old gelding "DRAGO", owned and ever ridden by Bernhard
Dornsiepen sr., is still holding the German record for a 100-mile-race. He is also
the most successful german horse at international championships. Maybe some of you
remember him from 1986, where he finished third at the World Championship in Pratoni
del Vivaro/Italy behind Cassandra Schuler and Jeannie Waldron. DRAGO was also third
at the 1985 European Championship in Rosenau/Austria as well as at the 1987 European
Championship in Marloffstein/Germany. Because his owner, Bernhard Dornsiepen, has a
stable where you can "rent a horse" for an hour or so, DRAGO still did several hours
in what we call "trekking". He really didn't look like a 28-y.o. horse, doing his
work and having fun.
DRAGO died because of a heart attack about one hour after he got his daily
food-ratio.
Now he gallops on greener pastures.

Wolfgang + Ninja 11 (who has lost a friend and idol)
Germany