Re: RC: Re: SureLytes

At 02:33 PM 04/13/2000 -0400, Tivers@aol.com wrote:
>Sounds like it has the right ingredients--not a lot of info on the actual
>contents, though. Probably worth a try. What you are looking for is abut a
>4-1 ratio, by weight, of the glycogen loading components vs the
>electrolytes/gut bugs.

I've been doing it a bit differently.

I mix my electrolytes with a 2/1 ratio of Enduramax to Optamax
(probiotics).  Depending upon how much applesauce I use, I can get anywhere
from 1.25 oz. to 2 oz. of elytes into 1 syringe.

Then if I use carbo charge, it's separately in a syringe where I generally
can get 2 oz. into one syringe (can't always get it out, but I can get it
in there!) <bg>  Sometimes it's probably more like 1.50-.75 oz. just so I
know it'll come out.  Adding a bit of oil to the mix really helps.

I dose the horse with electrolytes every time it drinks, before we start,
and post ride every 2 hours for a few times.  Usually that results in the
horse getting a pound of electrolytes for doing one 50 mile ride....this
includes his pre load amount the night/day before and the doses I continue
administering after we complete the ride.

Whereas, I'm giving about 8 ounces of carbo charge for one 50.  (8 oz.
every 2 hours starting 2 hours into the ride) So about half as much cc as
electrolytes.  I can't see logistically how I could give any more, without
reducing the electrolytes and I feel that I'm just now getting them dialed
in with that regard.  If I were to give 4/1 cc then that would equate to
30+ syringes worth........ugggggghhhhhh.  :P

Still waiting for Weaver's bloodwork from the Pride Project testing.  I do
know that Barney said he finished with a 90 glucose level.  I didn't give
him any cc that ride.  I've never had Rocky as high as 90, even when I've
given him the cc.  Boy are they sure different.

Got lots more to learn.

Karen
& Weaver....who got weighed and lost 6 pounds during his last 50
& Rocky.....I lost 8, just figures that Lard Butt would show me up!!