Posse Ride, the good news

Kay Johnston als2175@blackfoot.net
As ride campers rehash at length the incident at the Posse Ride
and AERC defends its decisions, let us not forget that this dia-
logue, though sometimes uncomfortable, is not without merit.
Managers and Riders: Will you ever participate in another
endurance ride without evaluating carefully the inherent safety
of the finish line?  I know that, as a rider, I will certainly be
more aware of the location, the likely traffic and hazards
surrounding the end of the ride. As a matter of fact, I just
attended the first ride of my season in Washington and the
finish line was quite a distance from camp, had only a timer or
two in attendance.  (I guess endurance riding was never a spec-
tator sport, anyway.)  The point is--it is good the ride
community is taking this time to discuss a vitally important
part of our sport.  With this discussion comes needed change.
Talk on.  Kay