Odd symptoms...Any Ideas??? Looong!

Well, I guess I'm going to have the vet out to look at River but I thought
I'd run this by all of you and see if it rings any bells.

River's been not quite right for several weeks now. Like most people I can
be a little slow on the uptake but I'm sure something is wrong. Her energy
level is down. She seems to have lost her zest for going. Not in a major way
but noticeable to me. Her heart rates are a little higher than normal while
exercising for her level of condition. She is in good weight (as always)
lot's of muscle, looks good. She has been slow to shed this spring, still
holding a noticeable amount of winter coat. Normally at this time of year
she has shed so fast that her face is nearly hairless, she is very fine
coated. She is eating well, all the timothy she wants, a few hours a day out
on my recovering pasture, about 3 qts of quality sweetfeed per day with
A.B.C. Plus and Redmond Salt. I add the salt to her feed, two Tbsp per day
as this horse will not touch blocks or loose salt/minerals on her own. She
has taken to chewing on my oak trees bark for the last couple of weeks which
she has never done before.

She really has not been over trained. Ridden three times per week, one ride
being being in the 15-25 mile range for the last couple of months. She did
an easy 25 mile CTR  on 4/2,  heart rate slightly higher than I expected it
to be, too quiet, very good recoveries to low 40's in 10 min.  Last Sunday
went up to the mountains for a long training ride, stayed out longer than I
ment to. She drank well, ate every time I let her but she was without a real
meal for about 7 hours. Back at the trailer she drank, ate hay then refused
grain. NOT normal. Three hours drive home, she ate a little hay, drank
water, refused grain , then acted colicey. Pawed, rolled, acted mildly
uncomfortable then finally settled down for some moderate hay browsing and
water.  Next morning she finally was ready for grain.

Sorry this is so long. Really bugging me. I'm not real confident in my vets
but have no better choice in our area. Have to haul out to access more
accomplished practitioners. Anyway, any suggestions for tests that I could
request. Any personal experiences that were similar???

Bonnie Snodgrass