Posse Ruling Appeal

  The Protest and Grievance Committee reviewed and analyzed all the
information they were provided by all parties involved in the Protest and
reached a decision.  One of the parties did not agree with the decision
of the P&G and filed an Appeal with the Board, which is the right of
every AERC Member.

The Board was given the information the P&G Committee had reviewed, and
both  parties to the Appeal were allowed to provide additional material
they believed relevant.  The full AERC Board had ample time to review
this information, to comment and discuss this unfortunate situation.  The
Board reached a decision to uphold the findings of the AERC Protest &
Grievance Committee and to deny the Appeal.  However, a subsequent motion
was made and seconded "that the Board educate this ride manager and all
ride managers as to the need for safety throughout the ride."

Every endurance rider who has raced to the finish can relate an
experience where, except for the Grace of God, a tragedy could have
occurred.  This does not mean either the ride managers or riders are
guilty of poor judgement ..it may be that neither party is guilty.
However, when near tragedy occurs, we must try to learn from that
experience so we are better prepared the next time.   Education is a
continuing process and not one of us has reached the point where we don't
need to learn.

 Each member of the AERC Board put their full and sincere effort into the
above decision.  This was an unfortunate incident with tragic results.
It is wrong for any of the parties to the incident,  as well as any
person not involved with the incident, to take offense to the hard work
and subsequent findings of the AERC Board.

Randy Eiland
AERC President