Re: RC: Posse Ride Ruling

In a message dated 04/10/2000 8:12:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, jlong@mti.net
writes:

<< An endurance ride is a race, and the riders and management have an
 expectation that there will be full-sprint races to the finish line. >>

If I had known this before I got into endurance I would have never gotten
into it. I get such a feeling of accomplishment when I finish. I don't care
how many horses are behind me nor how many were in front. What I do care
about is that with team effort of myself and my horse that we accomplished
something together and did it without harm of either one of us. I know that
many are very competitive in this sport but not everyone wants to Top Ten, a
lot of us just want to finish with a sound horse. So when you throw all these
people into one ride, each one needs to respect the other. But most of all no
matter whether you are highly completive or just out for a good ride all care
and safety must be top priority of your horse, other horses, yourself and
other riders as well as those non riders. AND no matter how you look at it,
the riders involved with the accident at the Posse Ride did NOT put the
safety any one involved first. It was a sad day for endurance riding.

Maria, Texas
80 AERC miles :)
www.geocities.com/goldencmk