Re: RC: Saddle pad question

In a message dated 04/08/2000 9:30:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jbass@beattynv.com writes:

Hi....I have one of these pads.  They are made by Toklat, which is the
company that makes Coolback and Woolback.  Mine is a Coolback.  I hear that
Woolback is recommended, since the pad does take up quite a bit of surface
area and wool won't make the horse as hot as the synthetic fleece.  One thing
that you should keep in mind is that these pads are pretty thin.  I really
like the pad though.  I am going to add a pocket on the top of it so I can
use my ultracell inserts with it.
good luck
-Renee

<< I'm considering adding another saddle pad to my sizeable collection. Does
anyone use the type of pad that has the pockets built into the sides? It
looks rather large. Do they build up too much heat? Are they made with
Woolback? >>