Re: RC: skeered to ride

In a message dated 04/05/2000 10:28:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
robandcarla@hotmail.com writes:

<< .I was wondering
 if anyone had a serious fall and were afraid to get back on. >>

Carla:

Five years ago a young horse flipped over on me on pavement and shattered my
elbow.  I fought fear and pain every time I got on a horse for over a year.
I was terrified to go fast or be near pavement, but I rode and raced anyway.
The more scared I was the madder it made me at myself, so I just kept going.
The only horse I felt "safe" on was CBS Redman, because he and I are like one
when I ride him.  The only thing that made it all better was time.  However,
I haven't broken a horse since and feel a deep dread every time I pass the
place where the fall happened.  Fear is what protects us out there.  Good
luck!

Debi Gordon