Re: Surprise...GAITED!

> told me that if it was a gaited stallion on a non-gaited mare, the foal
could
> be either, but if it's a gaited mare with a non-gaited stallion, the foal
will
> gait.

We had a Walker mare that we bred to Teddy's stallion, Raider. We got a
gorgeous filly that seemed to want to gait, but when asked to go faster than
a walk, she preferred to trot, although it was a very smooth trot. I suppose
if we had shod her as a walker, she might have gaited, but flat-shod she was
a walk-trot-canter horse.

Maggie Fleming
Under a Shooting Star Farm