fun ride

Kindof endurance related-----I've been volunteered to be in charge of this years fun-ride put  on as a fund raiser for our community center...in the past riders arrived around eight...had a wonderful breakfast cooked over a fire...then set out for about a ten mile ride...all at a walk following the leader...everyone is getting bored with the ride...some one suggested a poker ride...but someone else objected because it could be dangerous???(what is a poker ride????)  How can I make this entertaining...most of the horses that come to this thing are REALLY fat and completely out of shape...wonder if a person could figure out some kind of scavenger hunt through the forest???  I was thinking a way to liven things up would be to have the ride on the first day of hunting season...strap a set of antlers on each rider and send them off:>))))     Seriously..if anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it...because it's not really endurance related---best e-mail me privately...Thanks!   Sandy