Re: RC: Who Rides with Broken Ribs

Nancy

I did my first 50 (Lassen challenge) three days after breaking one and
cracking one.  I had worked tooooo hard to be put off.  Took a Vicodin at the
last vet check - it was pretty painful.  But, we did it.

Anyhow, on a less anecdotal note, the real problem here is not the ribs,
which will heal pretty much no matter what, but the underlying structure.
Until a good bone callus forms, you can stick a sharp bone fragment into an
underlying structure (like spleen or liver, depending on which side you
injured.  You should be well past that stage now.   As with all injuries, let
pain be a guide for you.    You aren't going to hurt your ribs by riding
unless you come off again.  If so, try to land on the other side :-)

Pat Farmer