re Howards Post

Howard,

Dont make another, near tragic mistake by not putting enough
miles on Rebel to prepare him for a 50 mile ride.  You have
2 other horse which are not at that level - make 2
loops and switch off horses - just think of it as good
practice for vet checks.

I think it takes a minimum of 40 miles a week and
regular rides (ie weekly) of 20-25 miles to prepare
for a 50.  -No flames Tom, I'm talking minumum, not
optimal. I also believe that the 20-25 mile rides are
very important - riding 10 miles 5 times a week is not
preparing for a 50 mile ride.

Teresa