Re: RC: Fwd: RC: Our Sport

In a message dated 4/1/00 6:57:21 AM Pacific Standard Time, SandyDSA@aol.com
writes:

<< Don't insult the people who want to become knowledgeable for the sake of
 their horses...while you insult the rest. :)
 s >>

My point wat that emoting is not the same as giving a damn. All the mea
culpas and self-flagellations after the fact are akin to a child weeping over
a misused and broken toy.

Those who are serious about endurance as an athletic event, and you're
probably one of them, have taken the time to gain the knolwedge, have put in
the miles, have designed increasingly more effective training protocols, know
everything they need to know about supportive nutrition, and are always,
always, trying to do more on all counts. And, over time, these people lead
the pack. They have fitter athletes, capable of better performance, they know
their horses' capabilities, and they have the confidence to go ahead and
intelligently use those capabilities.

I probably should have been clearer in my post. But that is what I meant, and
what I thought I said. Heidi, as usual, decided to misread it and interpret
it in her own small way, and now the hounds are on the scent--it's her scent,
not mine.

ti

ti