how far can he go?

My friend and I are working with a 12 year old arab gelding that was either
raced or prepped to race on the track when younger. We are doing only LSD
work and have no hills. He will have about 90 days of conditioning before his
first ride the No Frills 25, which is in the mountains. He will probably do
50 miles in training this week, he is doing great and has no leg puffiness or
other problems. It almost seems like 25 will be too easy for him, but the
mountains and only 90 days of conditioning make me really hesitate on a 50. I
am riding him for the owner, who isn't as conservative as me, but is
certainly no fool. I would rather finish a 50 in 12 hrs than win a 25, but
the horse comes first. Then there is Old Dominion in June. Is the 100
possible, or is it too soon? The horse is worked almost daily and is going 10
miles a day now with no problems.What do you all think?

                                                         Shelly in DE