Re: RC: Indian Thumb print

In a message dated 3/30/00 12:35:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Reid@convergent.com writes:

<< Even though I much prefer the "romantic" stories about these marks, my vet
 told me that
 it was a muscle break.  He said that my graceful darling probably ran into
 something as a
 youngster and muscle tore apart and formed a divit.  Not exactly a blessing
 but it doesn't
 seem to bother her either. >>

Your vet is right on, Susan.  These little indentations may be unsightly, but
for the most part, they are of absolutely no functional significance, unless
they are HUGE and placed in extremely vital spots.  (And even then it is
amazing how little effect they can have sometimes...)

Heidi